Why study abroad?
Studying abroad was a thoughtful decision for the young generation. As every coin has two faces same we have thinking in the case of studying abroad.Not everyone have same thinking for studying abroad for higher studies. Study abroad can be an enriching and eye-opening adventure, where learning extends to the world beyond the classroom walls. There is no substitute for living and studying in a foreign country if anyone want to gain in-depth knowledge of another culture’s customs, people, and language. In addition, you will find that living and studying or working in another country can develop important transnational competencies that can be of interest to future employers .Whatever the reason may be opting due to career perspective or want to enjoy advanced living standards, the proper guidance and process is to be followed so that the admission procedure can be completed smoothly and easily. For this you have to follow proper admission procedures whether they are for getting admission in appropriate college and the visa filing everything should me managed and smooth.
Steps to the Study Abroad Process
The following steps should be followed by students for study abroad :
- Peer Advisor MeetingsThis is a face to face meeting between student and a member of the university. The information discussed and materials given correlate to the student’s major, region of interest, and other academic or financial considerations. Additional follow-up appointments continue the advising process as the student chooses and ultimately applies for a program.
- Application and AcceptanceNow the student submits all necessary application documents, both for the university and the consultant they have selected. Applications are available on the website of the university or from the consultants.All application materials should be submitted to the consultant or to the university directly by speed post or online.
- OrientationVarious orientation sessions are organized in april or september according to the semesters.Sessions include information on academic credit and the course equivalency evaluation process, finances, safety, and cultural adjustment, parent and student panels.
- Post-OrientationThe student should begin the course equivalency evaluation process, apply to their host university, and complete the visa application process. Ifthe student has not already applied for a passport, now is the time! Know that the visa application process is different for each country and that visas can take up to 90 days to receive. Often, the individual must submit his or her passport with the application, so your student should plan accordingly.
- ExchangeStudents are required to submit verification of enrollment within the first 5 days of classes.They are required to notify University of any changes in their schedule.
- Re-entryOnce home, it is the responsibility of the student to ensure the arrival. Students should be advised that financial aid and scholarships often require documented grades before disbursement can be made for the following semester, therefore students should plan accordingly.
Applying for student visa
Each country has its own procedure for visas.
For more details, click here.